Work closely with 110 facilities (ranging from 2 to 250 beds) to understand new federal and state EHR requirements necessary to qualify for increased Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements:
• Meet with C-level administration to help them understand meaningful use guidelines and lay groundwork for the transition process.
• Justify costs versus ROI (better patient care and increased reimbursement) to determine if the transition to EHR made sense.
• Determine if the institution had made strides toward EHR and where that process stood, especially if third-party vendors were present.
• Create “meaningful use matrix” to show the requirements necessary to transition to EHR system from a cost and system perspective.
• Work with administration to gain buy-in from physicians, IT, and other departments impacted by the transition to EHR and demonstrate the software to show capabilities, gather feedback, negotiate contract details, and close the sale.
• Serve as liaison between facility staff/management and internal management/technical teams to ensure customer satisfaction and that all expectations as stated during the sales process were met or exceeded.